The following article will tell you everything about how to buy the best monitor mount for your needs.
There are four basic types of monitor mount. We will look at all of them, as well as the pros and cons for each one. That way, you will be able to make the right decision on which one would work best for your needs.
Types of monitor mount:
1. Arm monitor mount:
Arm Monitor Mount is a popular choice because of its ergonomic design and style as well as the ease of installation and setup. The arm usually swivels up, out, down or side to side to provide maximum movement from a stationary mounting base. This kind of mount can often be affixed to the wall or placed on your desk without using any screws.
|Top||Dell MDS14 Dual Monitor Stand (5TPP7), Black/Silver||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Amazon Basics Premium Dual Monitor Stand - Lift Engine Arm Mount, Aluminum - Black||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Ergotron - Neo-Flex Dual Monitor Stand - for Tabletops, Black||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Huanuo Dual Monitor Stand - Height Adjustable Monitor Mount Fits Two 13 to 27 Inch Flat, Curved Computer Screen, Double Gas Spring Arm Desk VESA Bracket with Clamp, Grommet Mounting Base||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||IMtKotW Dual Arm Monitor Stand - Height Adjustable Full Motion Mechanical Spring Monitor Desk Mount with C Clamp/Grommet Base Fits 17"-32" LCD LED Computer Screen up to 17.6 lbs per||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||viozon Monitor and Laptop Mount, 2-in-1 Adjustable Dual Arm Desk Mounts Single Desk Arm Stand/Holder for 17 to 32 Inch LCD Computer Screens, Extra Tray Fits 12 to 17 inch Laptops (Silver)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Vari Dual-Monitor Arm - Full-Motion Spring w/ 360 Degree Articulation - Easy Height Adjustment - Free Up Desk Space - VESA Compatible - Mount up to 27" Monitors w/Easy Assembly||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||WALI Dual LCD Monitor Fully Adjustable Gas Spring Wall Mount Fit 2 Screens VESA up to 27 inch, 14.3 lbs. Weight Capacity per Arm (GSWM002), Black||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||VIVO Dual Monitor Mount Stand, Fully Adjustable Desk Free-Standing for 2 LCD LED Screens Up To 27 inches STAND-V002P||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||NB North Bayou Dual Monitor Desk Mount Stand Full Motion Swivel Computer Monitor Arm Fits 2 Screens up to 32'' with Load Capacity 6.6~26.4lbs for Each Monitor F195A-W||Prime||Buy Now|
- It is affordable for those who want to stay away from expensive and bulky desk arms.
- There is no need for any tools to mount the arm monitor mount.
- It is the best choice for those who are not comfortable with screws or drill holes on their desks. In this kind of monitor mount, there is no chance against your monitor getting loose, falling or wobbling throughout its lifetime.
- It has a difficult installation process if it’s being assembled by an inexperienced person or one who doesn’t have a steady hand when handling tools and so on.
2. Monitor Wall mount:
The type of monitor mount is a good choice for those who want to save some space on their desk. They are also a good choice for people who don’t have wide enough space on their desk to place the monitor.
- Easiest to install among all types of monitor mount. This is not something you need to think much about before getting it installed. It requires no tools or knowledge of how to use them.
- It can be mounted on any flat surface without any tools or screws, which means you can mount it either on a wall or on a table.
- This type of monitor mount is ideal for people who don’t want to clutter their desk with various hardware devices and lose some space.
- It is modest in quality compared to other types of monitor mounts due to its fixed position that doesn’t allow any movement.
- This type of monitor mount is usually heavier and bigger than the other monitor mount types.
3. Laptop Monitor Mount:
The type is a good choice for laptop users who want to use their laptop screen as a secondary display. This kind of monitor mount is ideal for people who need to work on both desktop and laptop computers simultaneously.
- This type of monitor mount is usually lightweight and doesn’t take much space. You can easily move it from one place to another since it has an ergonomic design that supports mobility.
- It has a modern designed arm with non-scratch rubber pads that provide maximum stability.
- It is suitable for those who want to use their laptops as a secondary display while working on both computers simultaneously.
- It requires dedicated space on your desk which means you have to use a flat surface. This type of monitor mount doesn’t allow you to stick it anywhere else on your desk. This will leave your laptop all alone and look flat if you mount it on a curved surface.
4. Dual-monitor monitor mount:
This is one of the best monitor mount types and a popular choice among multi-monitor users. This kind of monitor mount gives you maximum flexibility by allowing you to set up dual monitors using a single monitor arm. The dual monitor arms usually have two or more displays that are hinged together and slide out from side to side, adjustable in angle and height, and allows the monitors to face two different directions.
- It’s easy to set up since it comes with standard mounting hardware. One doesn’t need any additional tools for it either.
- It’s a suitable monitor for people who want to share their screen with someone else while working on one computer.
- It is useful for those who work on a dual operating system or with more than one program at a time.
- This type of monitor mount doesn’t allow you to use the third monitor. You are limited to two monitors at a time.
To conclude, the best monitor mount for your needs will depend on your preferences. A great monitor mount is a must-have if you want to work well and in comfort. Four basic types of monitor mount are commonly found in the market today. The arm, wall, laptop and dual-monitor mounts are some of the most common ones you will come across. Whatever type of monitor mount you would like will still be a matter of preference or convenience as long as it fulfills your needs.